Tuesday, December 6, 2011

BOOKCOVER REDESIGN: The Development

I began developing my concepts. The easiest for me, by far, was the illustration piece. I love illustration, and I had a clear idea in my head of what I wanted the piece to look like. I referenced some images of Victorian silhouettes, and began the work.



Unfortunately, I was unable to secure my own images for the photographic piece at this point due to losing my camera charger. Thus, I mocked of concepts using found images on the web. However, the image in my head for this piece was not nearly so clear as the illustrative piece, and I wasn't satisfied with the results.



The typographic piece, however, was the most difficult by far. Although I referenced concept ideas for the typographic piece in my previous post, that concept was developed much later. At this stage, I had no clear direction for the typographic piece, despite perusing many graphic design books and websites for inspiration. Thus, at this stage, I have nothing worthy of posting for typographic development.


For more of this project, see...

No comments:

Post a Comment