Originally, I took all the nose photos myself, but I had trouble finding consistent light and angle. Thus, I ended up going through a ton of magazines and scanning model's noses, making them symmetrical, and placing them on the cover. While I am relatively satisfied with the result, this concept was definitely my least favorite of the three.
My typographic concept was based on quotes from the book describing the Uglies as weeds and the Pretties as flowers. Thus, I decided to create dimensional text using photographs of dirt, 3d models of roses, thorns, and weeds combined with a photograph of a nasty root. This took a lot more work than I expected, but I was definitely please with the result
For more of this project, see: